A novel additive, viscosity modifier & emulsion stabiliser for skin care formulations
Solcolooid is a high performance derivatized Biopolymer used for stabilization & Rheology modicifcation of all kind of cosmetic preperations based on aqueous emulsion systems, providing luxurious feel to skin & enabling low oil, non greasy and low tacky skin care formulations.
Solcolloid allows stablize the emulsion & allows to increase the consistency of creams & lotions at desired levels without increasing waxes & fatty alcohols.
Solcolloid is also an ideal binding agent for Toothpastes formulations that can replace CMC + Gum Carragenan and provide better stability at variant temperature conditions & longer shelf-life.
Chemical name: Carboxylated Polysachcharide
Apperance: free flowing white to off-white powder
pH of 1% soln.: 7.5 +/- 0.5
Ionic Nature: Weakly Anionic
Viscosity: 1% Solutuion from 250 cps to 2000 cps by brookfield viscometer
– Forms clear solution in water
– Imparts gloss and soft texture to the finished product
– No precipotation of the product even at prolonged storage of the finished product
– Highly stabkle to different climatic conditions
– Excellent stability fo electrolytes like sodium chloride, sodium fluoride and to fillers/extenders like CaCO3/DCP
– Compatible to wide range of pH from 3 to 11
– Highly compatible with all salines & metal salts
– Provides very good shelf-life stability to creams, lotions & toothpastes
– Gives low-tacky feel for sunscreen products & other conventional creams & lotions
– Provides very good feel to skin post application of the finished product.
Add the product in hot water gradually under high speed stirring to attain a homogenous solution.
Solcollod can also be mixed in the Emulsion stage or the mixing phase but under temeperature above 60´ C.
Grades Viscosity of 1% Soln.
Solcolloid CBF 20 2000 cps
Solcolloid EGM 1500 cps
Solcolloid MV 500 cps
Solcolloid LV 250 cps
*measured by Brookfield Viscometer RVT Model Spindle 5
- Industrial Chemicals
- G e o C o l
- Chemicals for Personal Care
- Chemical For Surface Coatings
- Molecular Sieves and Dessicants
- Food Ingredients
- Agrochemicals and Fertilizers
- Asphalt Modifier